This meal is tasty and easy to prepare, even my boyfriend (who is an omnivore) loves this meatless version of Spaghetti Bolognese. When I found minced soya meat in a normal Turkish supermarket I was surprised. The price was cheap: 300g for 1.50 €. I prepared soya Bolognese in many different versions, with basil, sweet green peppers or fresh tomatoes. The taste was different every time, but always really good!
Ingredients (serves two persons)
- 1 onion
- 2-3 gloves of garlic
- 1 big tomato
- 1 big carrot
- 70 gr soya meat
- 200 ml hot water for soaking soya meat
- 1 can of sliced tomatoes (400 g, you can also use fresh tomatoes)
- Spices (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes)
- Soak the dried soya meat with hot water for 15 minutes.
- Chop the onion, garlic and tomato. Peel and grate the carrot. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic, after some minutes add the soaked soya meat and fry it for about five minutes. Then add the grated carrot and tomatoes, after another five minutes add the sliced tomatoes and let the sauce cook until the spaghetti are done.
- Cook the spaghetti in a big pot with water and salt. When they’re done combine the pasta and sauce in the sauce pan and serve.
What are your favorite Spaghetti sauces?
Tekrar görüşmek üzere