Last week I had some gingerbread in my Advent Calendar and I created a warming porridge with stewed apples and a gingerbread topping. That was a great breakfast for the cold time of the year, close to Christmas. With the smell of cinnamon, apple and gingerbread in the air it smelled like the Christmas morning.
Ingredients for the porridge:
- 1 tea cup (85 ml) oats
- 2 tea cups (85 ml) water
- Sweetener (honey, agave syrup)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 gingerbread, chopped into pieces
Ingredients for the stewed apples:
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried grapes
- Sweetener (optional)
- 1 water glass of water
How to prepare the porridge and stewed apples:
- Soak the oats in water, while you are preparing the other ingredients. Cut the apple into little pieces, I usually don’t take the peel of. Heat a little pot or pan and put the apple, water, cinnamon, dried grapes and sweetener. Boil the apple until it gets soft. You can also cook it longer if you want to, then you will get an apple sauce.
- After the apples are done, take them out and put the oats and water in the same pot or pan and heat them. You can add water, it depends how creamy you like your porridge. Shortly before it’s done add the sweetener and butter.
- Serve the stewed apples and porridge in separate little bowls and add the gingerbread as a topping to the porridge.
Tekrar görüşmek üzere