This is the first baking recipe on my blog, which is so exciting for me! I am not a really good baker but once in a while I try my best! When I saw this recipe online I thought I had to try it and it turned out really well. What I like about this recipe is it is refined-sugar free, gluten-free and vegan. Instead of flour cooked chickpeas are used, which is a great and healthy alternative! As a sugar substiute the recipe requires dates. And I couldn’t skip the chocolate.
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 10 soft dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Soak the dates over night in water, without the stone.
- Blend all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, with your food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Place the dough in a flat baking dish, covered with baking paper.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes at 180º degrees.
- After cooling down cut the blondies in squares and enjoy them with a nice cup of coffee or tea.