The vegan pumpkin spice latte is my current autumn favorite, I’m preparing it almost every day! It’s an easy to prepare vegan coffee beverage and it is much better than the one you can buy (at Starbucks for example) since I’m using fresh pumpkin, real spices and vegan ingredients.
The combination of coffee and pumpkin might sound strange to you, but the sweet taste in combination with spices tastes great with fresh coffee.
I found the idea for the recipe in the cookbook Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen* of Kathy Patalsky (she is also a food blogger and her blog healthy happy life was one of the first vegan blogs I followed) and then I adjusted it with some ingredients. I prefer to use fresh pumpkin puree, vanilla soy milk and agave syrup instead of maple syrup.
Ingredients (yields 1 big cup):
- 225 ml vanilla soy milk (you can use any non-dairy milk)
- 1 – 2 shots of espresso (about 30 – 60 ml, depends how strong you like your latte)
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin puree (you can either prepare fresh pumpkin puree (I used Hokkaido pumpkin) or use canned one)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or to taste)
- a few pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon
- Pour the soy milk into your serving mug, heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes until very hot.
- Pour hot soy milk into blender add the pumpkin, espresso, spices and agave syrup.
- Blend until smooth and pour the mixture back into the serving mug.
- Heat in the microwave for another 30 seconds to create a frothy top layer.
Afiyet olsun and enjoy the cozy autumn
* The marked links are affiliate links . By purchasing through these links you can support me at no extra cost, thank you.