I would like to share the first börek recipe on my blog with you! Börek is a typical Turkish pastry made of thin yufka dough with different fillings. It is served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack. I have a recipe for a juicy and spicy börek with eggplants. The eggplant pastry tastes delicious and pairs best with a glass of Turkish black tea.
- 500 g eggplants (2 eggplants)
- 1 big onion
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 3 big, round yufka dough pieces (cut into 12 little pieces)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- A few branches of parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Chop the eggplants, sweet green peppers, onion, and tomatoes into little pieces. Heat half of the oil in a big pan and add the onions and peppers, after a few minutes add the eggplants. 5 minutes later add the tomatoes. For seasoning add the parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Cut the yufka into 4 pieces and add the eggplant mixture. Fold it as it is shown on the pictures and put them on a baking tray and continue with the remaining yufka dough.
- Mix 3 tablespoons oil, the egg and yoghurt, stir well and distribute the mixture on the top of all börek rolls. Bake them in the oven until they get golden brown (180°, about 30 minutes).
Afiyet olsun & enjoy the recipe